Banner
Home GenWiki Zeitschrift Regional Datenbanken DigiBib DES Software Mailinglisten Forum Vereine Links Hilfen/FAQs
GEDBAS FOKO GOV OFBs Adressbücher Familienanzeigen Grabsteine Totenzettel Verlustlisten 1. WK Literatur Metasuche

Home > Databases > Local heritage books > Schwarme

Spacer Spacer
:: Coat of arms


 
:: Functions
Pfeil Complete List of Surnames
Pfeil Places of Birth of Foreigners
Pfeil Places of Death of Emigrants
 
:: Statistics
25.686 individuals
9.563 families
 
:: Languages
Deutsch Deutsch
Dansk Dansk
Español Español
Francais Francais
Magyar Magyar
Lietuviškai Lietuviškai
Nederlands Nederlands
Polski Polski
Româneşte Româneşte
Русский Русский
Svenska Svenska
Slovenčina Slovenčina
Norsk Norsk
Português Português
Česky Česky

Local kinship book Schwarme

The municipality of Schwarme covers an area of ​​24.29 square kilometers or 9.38 square miles.

The village is first mentioned in a document in 1214 regarding the construction of a chapel, which suggests that Schwarme already had a certain importance at that time.  The chapel from the 13th century was subordinate to the church of Lunsen, which remained a synodic church until the reformation.

A noble estate can be shown to be present in Schwarme in 1250, which is also known as a knight's seat or noble court.

In 1632 Schwarme was occupied by Imperial cavalry soldiers and in 1675/79, when the Swedish troops were driven out, the troops were pillaged and robbed by Munster soldiers.

In 1681 Schwarme belonged to the West-Thedinghausen administrative office and thus to the Duchy of Celle, from 1692 to the Electorate of Hanover.  From 1852 to 1859, Schwarme became a separate administrative office.

The evangelical lutheran church in Schwarme was completed between 1778 and 1784 and renovated between 1960 and 1964.  It is 26 meter (86 feet) long and 18 meter (46 feet) wide.  The 42 meter (138 foot) high tower was not built until 1879.

The Eyterbruch, a primeval forest consisting of oaks and alders, is mentioned in a document as early as 1033.  Due to clearing, fertile arable and pasture areas were created there.  In the years 1832 to 1837 the division of the brushy and moorish pastures took place, that is the areas that have thus far been reserved for common use.

From 1882 to 1888 great improvement measures of Middle Europe were implemented in the broad brushy areas. That was accomplished not only for drainage, but also to improve the fields and meadows through a sophisticated flood system.

In 1942, around 100 high-explosive bombs and 10,000 incendiary bombs fell on Schwarme in one night, fortunately not claiming any human lives.

The population increased from 1,700 to around 2,400 in 1946 due to the population of displaced persons, but fell again to below 2,000 in the mid-1950s.  Due to the designation of new building areas, the number of inhabitants has developed positively, so that this mark is exceeded again.

Schwarme has developed from a purely agricultural community with craft and retail trade to a housing community on the edge of the greater Bremen area.

Sources for this article include the church book Schwarme, Chronik Schwarme von Brunotte and the Chronik der Alten Haus und Hofstelle Schwarme by Erich Hilmmann-Apmann.




:: More links
Pfeil Federal State Niedersachsen
Pfeil County Diepholz
Pfeil in the Genealogical Place Register GOV
Pfeil Official Homepage
Pfeil in Wikipedia
Pfeil Geographical Location, City map
:: Contact
For further information concerning these data and, if you have additions, corrections or questions, please contact:
Carsten Ravens